Think lace is too frilly or girly for you? Think again!
This is how I will be wearing lace this season. It’s tough and just a little edgy. Color plays a big part as well, if it’s a lighter lace it’s going to come off as a bit more girly, whereas darker lace has more of a rocker feel to it. Lace worn in bright shades can be styled in either direction, fitting to your mood or an occasion. If incorporating a top or pant is too much of a good thing for you, try it in an accessory. A ring or pair of sunglasses is a great way to introduce a trend you aren’t familiar with into your wardrobe.
1. Yves Saint Laurent Lace Blouse: This blouse isn’t for the timid. Not only is it lace, but also sheer. Wear a black bra top underneath, or a neon colored one if you’re feeling bold.
2. CLU Sweater: Since the lace only peeks out from the bottom of the sweater, this is a subtle way to test out this trend and see if it’s right for you.
3. Valentino Sunglasses: If a trend makes you uneasy, accessories are a great way to see if it’s right for you. These sunglasses are the perfect example.
4. Collette by Collette Dinnigan Top: This is a great layering piece! Try a neon green tee under it for a great contrast effect.
5. Moschino Cheap and Chic Pants: This is a good pant for day. If you work in an environment that lets you dress a little creatively, these are perfect to switch up your trousers.
6. Matthew Williamson Dress: The perfect girls’ night out dress!
7. Aurélie Bidermann Ring: Add this to almost anything you’re already wearing, it will instantly dress up what you have on!
8. Anna Sui Shorts: Pair with a white tee and heels for a easy but chic outfit.
9. Stella McCartney Pants: Love the contrast on these! The dark underneath the lace make these edgy, not frilly.